Laptop shipping in bulk can be a delicate and complicated job. The key to successful laptop shipping is working with a reliable and dedicated shipper with a crating procedure that keeps your product safe and makes your life easier when shipping in bulk.
Laptop shipping requires some simple steps to make sure your laptops arrive intact and on time. Make sure you:
- Use a padded laptop box
- Pack with packing peanuts and bubble wrap
- Choose the proper shipping carrier
- Utilize a wooden crate to secure your electronics safely
We will review these steps and more as we continue down the laptop shipping guide.
How to Pack a Laptop Computer for Shipping
It’s time to pack a laptop to keep it safe before shipping. Follow these steps to keep your laptop package secure:
Use the Proper Laptop Packaging Box
Do you need a laptop packaging box for shipping? The easiest way to ship laptops is in the boxes they came in from production if they are available. The original packaging is manufactured for that particular laptop and minimizes the jostling that might occur during transport. They also include padding or styrofoam inserts usually that fit perfectly within the manufacturer box. A box that is designed to fit the specifications of the laptop always works better than a regular shipping box.
If you have to choose a different box than the manufacturer box, look for the following types of shipping boxes:
- Tablet boxes
- Laptop boxes
- Small electronic boxes
How to Pack and Ship Laptop for Courier
If you don’t have the manufacturer box for your laptop, it’s important you take extra precautions to pack your laptop so it’s not damaged on a trailer during shipping. Take the following steps to ensure proper laptop packing:
- Wrap the laptop in plastic to protect it from liquids and other packages.
- Make sure the laptop is off before packing and shipping.
- Place a thin layer of bubble wrap between the screen and the keyboard to avoid screen scratches and damage during laptop shipping.
- Use packing peanuts, bubble wrap and other packaging materials.
- If possible, place the original box into a bigger cardboard box and fill in and around with packing peanuts and bubble wrap. This provides an extra level of protection
- Tape the box and seal it with adhesive tape to ensure it stays closed before it’s packed for transport on a trailer.
- Use plastic bags for smaller items like the headphones, charger and mouse.
Don’t Forget the Battery
It’s important to check with your shipper to make sure it’s safe to ship laptops with batteries. When you are shipping lithium-ion batteries, remember that regulations can vary by country for international shipments. Shipping services within the continental United States also have certain shipping regulations for personal electronics and batteries.
Tips for Shipping Laptops
There are some important tips for shipping laptops that will help your shipping process go much smoother. You should always:
- Measure the dimensions of your laptops so they fit in your crate.
- Check the shipping service you need.
- Find and print the labels you need and have them ready to go.
- Place the order 24-48 hours before you are ready to move your laptops.
Reasons for Shipping Laptops with a Service You Can Rely On
So what are the reasons for shipping laptops in bulk that spark you to need help from a dependable shipping carrier:
- Shipping laptops overseas requires help.
- Sending laptops in bulk to repair shops for refurbishment
- Laptop selling and distribution
- Relocation of computer equipment for retail and office locations.
Learn More About Lithium Batteries
After your hard drive, the most important part of a laptop is the battery that keeps it humming along without a power cord. Always make sure when laptop shipping that you don’t have any issues with batteries that will affect your shipping costs.
Defective, damaged and recalled lithium batteries can only be transported by ground transportation in the contiguous United States.
Choose the Correct Commercial Shipping Crate Company
It’s a no brainer to use a company like You Crate to handle all of your laptop shipping needs, either domestically or overseas. You Crate offers:
- Wooden crate options to handle your bulk shipping needs
- A team of shipping professionals with more than 60 years of service that monitor your shipments from start to finish.
- Commercial shipping crates that are easy to assemble.
- A quick and easy delivery and crate return policy that allows you to have lower overhead.
- Insurance and claims processes that give you peace of mind
- Tie down brackets that keep your laptop computers safe and offer another level of crate protection
- Warehousing services to keep your laptops safe in a secure area
Shipping Laptops Overseas
Shipping laptops overseas requires a bit more planning. You need to:
- Get an international shipping label for the outside of your box.
- Obtain a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Certificate of Origin when shipping laptops between the United States, Canada and Mexico
- Fill out a commercial invoice
- Make sure you have the required amount of insurance
Do Your Laptop Shipping with You Crate Today
Wooden crates offered by You Crate are perfect for your bulk laptop shipping needs. Our wooden crate offerings keep your laptops and other electronics safe and intact during shipping on LTL trailers. Our easy-to-use service with wooden crate packaging instructions allows you to buffer your laptops from the elements. We also offer:
- White glove service to help you with packing and heavy lifting
- Shipment tracking to monitor your laptop shipments in real time
- Lift gate service for easy loading and unloading of heavy crates
- Reverse logistics service for easy returns of electronic equipment
- Warehousing and storage service
You Crate can handle all of your electronic shipping needs. Call us today at 877-558-2580 or connect with us online to get a You Crate quote today.